Quick WordPress Tips
As a site owner and a site designer I know how easy it is to forget regular maintenance tasks. Consider this your reminder:
- Update your wordpress version. Make sure you back up your site files first. Easy to do with a back up plugin or through your host.
- Update your plugins. Check the plugin forum or website first to see if there are any issues reported with the update. A google search will help too.
- Check your site in all the major browsers. IE is notorious for messing things up…
- Do you monitor your sites uptime? Might be a good idea.
- Have you made a backup lately? If you just read this you better do it now 😉
- Are your images optimized? They should be as small as possible for better loading times.
- Is your xml sitemap updated. That could be useful?
- Who are you pinging everytime you write a post?
- Does your site have a clear call to action?
- Is the look and functionality still credible or do you need an upgrade?
That’s a quick list of reminders for you to have the best possible wordpress site.